Preservation of cultures?

Eric Wilk Eric.Wilk at tufts.edu
Mon Mar 24 06:14:37 EST 2003

No.

This came from chemistrystore.com:

Synonyms: Paraffin oil; Heat-treating oil; Hydraulic oil; Cable oil;
Lubricating oil; Oil mist, refined mineral; mineral oil mist; oil mist,
mineral, severely refined; Uvasol; Paraffin oils; Mineral oil
hydrocarbon solvent (petroleum); Mineral oil (saturated parrafin oil);
oil, petroleum; Nujol; liquid paraffin; white mineral oil; clearteck;
drakeol; hevyteck; filtrawhite; frigol; kremol; kaydol; alboline;
paroleine; Saxol; adepsine oil; glymol; lignite oil; blandol white
mineral oil; carnea 21; Ervol; gloria; hydrocarbon oils; peneteck;
primol; triona b; blandlube; crystosol; Molol; protopet; bayol f;
crystol 325; fonoline; bayol 55; kondremul; neo-cultol; oil mist;
penreco; perfecta; petrogalar; primol 355; primol d; tech pet f;
Petroleum hydrocarbons; jute batching oil; paraffin oil (class);
petrolatum, liquid; white oil; Mineral oil, aromatic; Mineral oil,
paraffinic; Mineral Seal Oil; Electrical Insulating Oil; OIL MIST,
MINERAL                          (MINERAL OIL)

It sells for $11 / gal -- I don't see how this is so expensive.

BTW -- make sure to sterilize it first!!

-- Eric