Can anyone identify these mushrooms?

Mark the.hennings.nospan at virgin.nospan.net
Mon Oct 27 03:48:29 EST 2003

I have some mushrooms growing in my back garden in the wood chips that we
have around my children's climbing frame (West Sussex, UK). I tried to
identify what it is by looking at some pictures on the internet and books,
but the problem is that there are both edible and highly toxic ones that
look a lot like them!! Can anyone identify them for me from these photos
(note that some near the bottom have a tape measure to show the size). I
have tried to include photos of different stages of their life as well as
some that I uprooted and broke up to show the underside / stem structure.
Sorry that some of the photos are a bit out of focus!

http://freespace.virgin.net/the.hennings/mushrooms.html

Also, if they are toxic, how does one get rid of them? There are hundreds of
them growing all over the place!

Thanks in advance,
Mark.

Note: to send me an email, please remove both of the "nospan" parts of the
email address.