[Mycology] Re: Please help identify this fungi...

August Pamplona cosmicaug at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 25 21:21:40 EST 2005

Robert McCormick wrote:
> Hello, I found a mushroom growing in a pile of rotting wood chips
> under an evergreen shrub in Seattle, Wa. I was hoping someone could
> tell me what this critter is, exactly!  Ahem....The domed cap is dark
> orange, approx. the size of  half a grapefruit and covered in raised,
> off-white  markings;   the stem is white and smooth. The specimen I
> found is 15 cm in length. Here is a link to the photo I took:
>
> http://rapidshare.de/files/7837472/IMG_1020.jpg
>
> Thanks for your time, Steve Z.

         Can it even be anything other than Amanita muscaria?

http://images.google.com/images?q=%22amanita%20muscaria%22

August Pamplona
--
I'm convinced that the universe has been created by someone
with a particularly vile sense of humor.  I would like to

a.a. # 1811 apatriot #20 Eater of smut
Proud member of the reality-based community.
The address in this message's 'From' field, in accordance with
individual.net's TOS, is real. However, almost all messages
reaching this address are deleted without human intervention.
In other words, if you e-mail me there, I will not receive your message.

To make sure that e-mail messages actually reach me,
make sure that my e-mail address is not hot.