[Mycology] Purple-gilled laccaria in PNW?

rkhen at softhome.net rkhen at softhome.net
Mon Nov 28 14:48:51 EST 2005

I'm in Western Washington, where I've picked a mushroom that looks, as
far as I can see, like a purple-gilled laccaria. (Four-inch, flatish
cap with dry, vaguely felty, tan top and wavy, irregular margins; large
rubbery purple gills of irregular shape.) It was growing at the edge of
a conifer forest with a few others of its ilk. I haven't been able to
get a spore print.

Only problem, this mushroom is only supposed to grow east of the Great
Plains. Does anyone know of incidences on the West Coast?

Thanks,