[Mycology] Re: Mycoprotein, is it a complete protein?

August Pamplona via mycology%40net.bio.net (by cosmicaug At hotmail.com)
Sun Dec 10 10:57:07 EST 2006

dwheeler At ipns.com wrote:
> Erik Saunders wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> Is Mycoprotein a complete protein?
>>
>> Thank you
>> Erik
> If you are talking about protein found in fungi, then the answer is
> nearly yes. Many fungi contain all basic amino acids necessary for
> human life with the exception of lysine. Lysine is commonly found in
> whole grains.
>
> Daniel B. Wheeler

         He may be referring to Quorn. See
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quorn

August Pamplona
--
If you could prove religious beliefs with the scientific
method, it would be science.....and nobody would believe it.

a.a. # 1811 apatriot #20 Eater of smut
Proud member of the reality-based community.
The address in this message's 'From' field, in accordance with
individual.net's TOS, is real. However, almost all messages
reaching this address are deleted without human intervention.
In other words, if you e-mail me there, I will not receive your message.

To make sure that e-mail messages actually reach me,
make sure that my e-mail address is not hot.