[Mycology] Re: Mushrooms in Nothern California

dwheeler at ipns.com dwheeler at ipns.com
Sun Jul 23 19:09:34 EST 2006

Ron Ruby wrote:
> I would like to photograph some mushrooms in Northern California or souther Oregon during my vacation in the middle of August.  I realize that this is not the best time, but am I out of luck?   Please give me some clues as to where and when.  Thanks,
> Ron
August is the most likely time to find mummified mushrooms.

So...if you are desperate for fresh, first try along the CA-OR coast.
The coast often/sometimes has cooler temperatures and fog condensation,
which will allow searching coastal areas within 1/2 mile of the coast
itself to sometimes be good.

Daniel B. Wheeler