[Mycology] Mushroom Growing in Western Kenya - a new kind of Help Project

Mycos mycos at shaw.ca
Wed Sep 20 17:14:09 EST 2006

Dr. Njoroge,
I have always had a particular fascination for Termitomyces, a genus
that is apparently Africa-specific. I would be willing to trade any
species you know of that is endemic to N.America (Canada). Give me some
advance notice,  and we will work on the rest. For instance; tell me if
you prefer a slant culture (best for shipping), petri dish or just
spores(/really/ good for shipping, but... <g>) and you hopefully can
provide me with any thoughts on what the saprophytic requirements of the
Termitomyces genus (or species you have) might be.

Gary Williams