[Mycology] Metarhizium Studies

Sasidharan via mycology%40net.bio.net (by tosasi from atree.org)
Wed Feb 28 04:54:39 EST 2007

Dear Dr.Dobranic,

I am a researcher from India working in the field of Microbial control of insect pests of important timber yielding forest trees. I am looking for  virulent strains of Metarhizium  from native pest insects for conducting studies aimed at developing a mycoinsecticide for insect pest management in forest plantations and nurseries.
Will you please let me know about the details of the strains available with you? Will you be able to spare a few strains of the fungus from your collection, so that, I can compare them with the strains I am isolating from Southern India.

Also, please send me about recent developments in your work on Metarhizium.

With regards

Dr.T.O. Sasidharan