[Mycology] I have never seen anything like this...

Pamela via mycology%40net.bio.net (by scullyps from yahoo.com)
Mon Jul 23 14:33:53 EST 2007

I was mowing and came across some mushrooms in the lawn, Deep red to maroon velvet like capped and yellowish stemmed mushrooms (the under side is as firm as the exposed side with no fluting or pleating) under my Oak tree.  I thought I'd look on-line.  I had no idea there were so many individuals into mushrooms.  Anyway, I came across a posting where the description matched my backyard mushroom; however, it stated these mushrooms were quite large.  Mine, are not.  Any ideas?

  Pamela

This e-mail is from the desktop of Pamela.