[Mycology] Rare copy of A.H. Smith/Wm. Gruber work

Lawrence Nagel via mycology%40net.bio.net (by nagel from mind.net)
Sat Jun 9 17:17:52 EST 2007

To Whom it May Concern,

Alexander Smith's Mushrooms in their Natural Habitats, 1949, Sawyer's =
Inc., was gifted to me by my long deceased godparents, Walter and Anna =
Boychuk, many years ago. It is inscribed by the work's photographer, =
William Gruber: "To Anna and Walter Boychuk with many good wishes, Wm. =
B. Gruber, July 29 - '50; This volume is #1 off the press."=20

Walter Boychuk was a well known photographer in Oregon in the =
1930s-1950s and a close friend of Mr. Gruber. The 2 volumes have been =
kept in like-new condition, including the ViewMaster and all 33 reels of =
stereo photos.=20

As I am sure you know, these rare volumes are quite valuable. I would =
like to find a good home, library, or collector who is interested in =
buying them and hope that you might be of some help.=20

Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you,

Lawrence Nagel
541-482-5717
nagel from mind.net