[Mycology] Need Help Mycology Book

Mycos via mycology%40net.bio.net (by mycos from shaw.ca)
Sat Mar 17 18:20:26 EST 2007

For portability and sheer numbers of described species, I'd have to
recommend Audubon's Field Guide To North American Mushrooms*. For back
home, a standard has been set by David Arora's Mushrooms Demystified.

Gary Williams

*Actually, that whole series of field guides would make a great addition
to any naturalist's personal library.  Using a very thin gauge type of
paper inside, but with a sturdy plastic cover outside, they manage to
pack an amazing amount of information with hundreds of high quality
photographs together into guides that although tall, are perhaps only
3-4 in. wide. The series covers every major group or subject of natural
history I can think of offhand, all of them specially sized to fit in a
pocket.