[Mycology] Quantification of nematophagous fungi

wachira peter via mycology%40net.bio.net (by wachirapm from yahoo.com)
Tue Sep 11 23:14:28 EST 2007

I am a PhD student working with nematophagous fungi  isolated from soil in vegatable gardens.
  Could somebody kindly explain to me how i could quantify the nematophagous fungi from the soil so that i could monitor their population change.
  Is there a selective media that i could use to isolate and quantify Arthrobotrys oligospora?
  Kindly also explain to me the MPN procedure as it has been used by some authors.

  Thank you.

  Peter.

Peter M. Wachira: BSc, MSc (University of Nairobi)
University of Nairobi
BGBD PROJECT
Admin. Assistant