[Mycology] catenulate conidia conundrum?

J & J via mycology%40net.bio.net (by aloe from netrover.com)
Sun Aug 10 19:56:08 EST 2008

Greetings,

I'm hoping you would help me to determine whether the following fungal
terminology relationship statements are correct:

Gemmae refers to asexual propagules borne both singly and in chains.
Chlamydospore is an old term for a singly borne gemma.
Catenulate conidia is a current term for gemmae borne in chains.
When referring to fungi (rather than liverworts etc), gemmae is a
synonym of conidia.
In general (plants or fungi), gemmae refer to asexual propagules.

I'm wondering if I've misunderstood, for example if gemmae refer to
conidial propagules only of a specific group like ascos or suchlike.

Thanks in advance for your help!
cheers,
Juliet