[Mycology] Acidic pH and fungal growth

mycos via mycology%40net.bio.net (by mycos from shaw.ca)
Thu Feb 7 20:36:31 EST 2008

As it happens, a Mor humus form is by-and-large the preferred
soil type for most of the mycorrhizae. Not being a soil
scientist myself I don't want to get too far ahead here, but I
don't believe the term "Mycelial Mor" has a counterpart when
it comes to Moder or Mull soils/humus forms. A Mor is of
course more acidic than the other 2 broad classifications.	 A
PH of 3 otoh is getting awfully acidic for most plants however.

As for "Pandora"? Unless that's a new name for an old taxa, I
don't believe I've ever heard of a macrofungus with that
particular name.