[Mycology] Glow-in-the-dark Fungi

Royden Richardson via mycology%40net.bio.net (by royden.richardson from fairlane-am.com)
Mon Jun 30 13:21:11 EST 2008

I happened to find some glowing fungus this past weekend while at a camp
site approximately 25 miles north of Kingston Ontario.  I couldn't
believe my eyes, but I have two witnesses.  I have never encountered
this before in all my years of camping, hiking and flying my float plane
throughout northern Canada.  When I googled glowing fungus yours was the
first hit.  Did you ever find out what the luminescence is about and how
it occurs?

Royden Richardson

Managing Director

FairLane Asset Management