[Mycology] Mycologist Vacancy at MAF Plant Health and Environment Laboratory in Auckland, New Zealand

Wellcome Ho via mycology%40net.bio.net (by Wellcome.Ho from maf.govt.nz)
Tue Apr 7 18:00:24 EST 2009

> Dear colleagues, friends, and Professors,
>
> The Plant Health and Environment Laboratory (part of the New Zealand
> Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry) has a vacancy in Auckland for an
> experienced Mycologist to provide professional diagnostic and advisory
> services for fungi in plants collected during surveillance and
> investigation activities, or intercepted at the border / post entry
> quarantine. This position requires proven technical, communication,
> and leadership skills.
>
> The successful applicant will possess a PhD or equivalent
> qualification (post-graduate degree and relevant technical experience)
> in mycology. The applicant will also have competent diagnostic skills
> using traditional and molecular techniques, and proven project
> management skills. The applicant needs to be a team player with
> leadership ability, initiative, and sound judgement. Preference will
> be given to applicants with proven planning and organisational skills,
> outcome focused, able to prioritise under pressure, adapt to changing
> demands, and experience within a quality environment.
>
> For further information about the position including remuneration,
> contact Brett Alexander on tel: +64 9 909 5724, email:
> brett.alexander from maf.govt.nz
>
> Visit www.maf.govt.nz (click on Employment in MAF) to obtain a job
> description and apply online or send your application (quoting vacancy
> no. 09/46) to: Dee Hogenes, Administration Officer, Investigation and
> Diagnostic Centre, MAF Biosecurity New Zealand, PO Box 40-742, Upper
> Hutt, New Zealand; Email: dee.hogenes from maf.govt.nz , Tel: +64 4 894
> 5600, Fax: +64 4 894 4973.
>
> Applications close on Friday, 8 May 2009.
>
> We would be extremely appreciative if you would post this information
> on your notice board and email these details to anyone in your
> organisation (or elsewhere) you think may be interested in the
> position.
>
> Thank you in advance for your assistance.
>
> Kind regards
> Wellcome
>
> Wai Hong HO, Wellcome
> Scientist
> MAF Biosecurity New Zealand
> Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry
> Physical address: 231, Morrin Road, St. Johns, Auckland
> Postal address: PO Box 2095, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
> Phone: +64 9 9095730
> Fax: +64 9 9095739
> http://www.biosecurity.govt.nz/about-us/structure/phel

This email message and any attachment(s) is intended solely for the
addressee(s) named above. The information it contains is confidential
and may be legally privileged.  Unauthorised use of the message, or the
information it contains, may be unlawful. If you have received this
message by mistake please call the sender immediately on 64 4 8940100
or notify us by return email and erase the original message and
attachments. Thank you.

The Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry accepts no responsibility for
changes made to this email or to any attachments after transmission from
the office.