[Mycology] Mycologist Vacancy at MAF in Auckland - close on 7 October

Wellcome Ho via mycology%40net.bio.net (by Wellcome.Ho from maf.govt.nz)
Mon Sep 12 22:32:13 EST 2011

> Dear colleagues,
>
> Sorry for the email spam. We have a vacancy for a Mycologist and if
> you know anyone who would be interested on the position, please pass
> this on.
>
> Much appreciated.

> The Plant Health and Environment Laboratory (part of the New Zealand
> Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry) has a vacancy in Auckland for an
> experienced Mycologist to provide professional diagnostic and advisory
> services for fungi in plants collected during surveillance and
> investigation activities, or intercepted at the border.
>
> The successful applicant will possess a PhD or equivalent
> qualification (post-graduate degree and relevant technical experience)
> in mycology. The applicant will also have competent diagnostic skills
> using traditional and molecular techniques, and proven project
> management skills. The applicant needs to be a team player with
> excellent communication skills, leadership ability, initiative, and
> sound judgement. Preference will be given to applicants with proven
> planning and organisational skills, able to prioritise under pressure,
> adapt to changing demands, and experience within a quality
> environment.
>
> For further technical information about the position including
> remuneration, contact Brett Alexander on tel: +64 9 909 5724, email:
> brett.alexander from maf.govt.nz
>
> Depending on experience, the successful candidate will be appointed as
> a Scientist (Level 1) or Senior Scientist (Level 2).
>
> Visit www.maf.govt.nz to obtain a job description and apply online or
> send your application (quoting vacancy no. 11-639) to: Grace Clarke,
> Recruitment Service Centre, Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry, PO
> Box 2526, Wellington (or) email careers from maf.govt.nz
>
> Applications close on Friday 7 October 2011.
>
> We would be extremely appreciative if you would post this information
> on your notice board and email these details to anyone in your
> organisation (or elsewhere) you think may be interested in the
> position.
>
> Thank you in advance for your assistance.
>
> Kind regards
> Wellcome
>
> Wellcome Ho | Scientist, Mycology & Bacteriology, Plant Health &
> Environment Laboratory
> Investigation & Diagnostic Centres | Compliance & Response
> Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry | 231 Morrin Road, St Johns,
> Auckland 1072 | PO Box 2095, Auckland 1140 | New Zealand
> Telephone: 64-9-909 5730 | Facsimile: 64-9-909 5739 | Web:
> www.maf.govt.nz

This email message and any attachment(s) is intended solely for the addressee(s)
named above. The information it contains is confidential and may be legally
privileged.  Unauthorised use of the message, or the information it contains,
may be unlawful. If you have received this message by mistake please call the
sender immediately on 64 4 8940100 or notify us by return email and erase the
original message and attachments. Thank you.

The Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry accepts no responsibility for changes
made to this email or to any attachments after transmission from the office.