Good reasons for not posting to b.n

Carl Turner cwt at swamp.cis.ufl.edu
Sun Aug 4 16:47:30 EST 1991

In article <22610 at duke.cs.duke.edu> tbd at neuro.duke.edu (Tristan Davies) writes:

>This group has been really DEAD for the last couple of weeks.  Is everyone
>on vacation or something?  I hope you're all having a good time!
>
>Maybe everyone is taking advantage of the summer lull to get some real
>work done.  That's what I've been trying to do, but it's not like I have
>a whole hell of a lot to show for it.  But I guess that's Science (note
>capital S), isn't it?

Well, alright, it sounds like YOU have a good excuse...what about the rest
of you?  If you are working on something this summer then perhaps you wouldn't
mind describing you work in Words < 500.

Me, I found a few articles on mathematical models of memory (e.g., Estes,
1986; Smith & Medin, 1981) and I'm implementing them in LISP.  Next week
I'm going to Key West.