John Reynolds reynolds at
Mon Aug 5 12:49:03 EST 1991

Not to cast pearls before swine, but I am compelled to disabuse
_hic_et_ubique_ my esteemed and credulous colleague of his eccentric

Unfortunately his earnest enthusiasm has led him to commit a blunder
of gothic proportion in his off-the-cuff definition of chaos:

"any signal that is neither periodic or completely random"

which speciously includes convergent or divergent sequences or
trajectories (or signals, to be imprecise!).

Though his prose is otherwise perspicuous, perceptive and
perspicacious, tragically it is squalidly marred by this garish

-fidus Achates