Post-synaptic help needed

Ben Gerber bsg1 at quads.uchicago.edu
Fri Nov 1 14:51:25 EST 1991

I have posted a message similar to this one a few months ago, and didn't
receive a strong response (make that no response).  I'd like to try it
again, with the plea of receiving e-mail from anybody having any
information, comments, questions, thoughts, etc. about the matter.

My interest is this: for studied neurons, what are typical channel
densities of post-synaptic connections (both excitatory and inhibitory)?  I've
heard that often there is a larger inhibitory channel density
(data possibly expressed as conductance per unit area of patch of membrane)
than excitatory.  Any ideas about the number of channels (excitatory or
inhibitory) for a given nerve cell?

I'm interested in ANY information (references, etc.).  Thanks in advance.

							- Ben
--
Ben Gerber	        /\   "Academia is, at times, a very small
University of Chicago	  /\      world for good and ill."