Cyberware - New lead into brain.

stenberg at cc.helsinki.fi stenberg at cc.helsinki.fi
Tue Sep 10 01:52:19 EST 1991

--
This sounds EXACTLY like the work described by Adey, e.g. in:

Adey, W.R., Computer analysis in neurophysiology, in Stacy, R.W. & Waxman,
B.D., Computers in Biomedican Research, Vol. I, Ch. 10, pp. 223-263,
Academic Press 1965 (sic! 1965)

containing references to
Adey & Walter, Exp. Neurol. 7,186, 1963
Adey, Walter & Hendrix, Exp. Neurol. 3, 501, 1961
Adey, Kado, Didio, and Schindler, Exp. Neurol. 7, 259, 1963
Adey, Porter, Walter, and Brown, Electroenceph.clin.Neurophysiol. 18, 25,
1965
Walter, D.O. and Adey, W.R., Exp. Neurol. 7, 481, 1963

Each time I read about this "new approach" of using the EEG for deriving
parameters indicating information flow by  way of calculating coherence,
transfer ratios etc., I am reminded of the extensive and in our time very
exciting work made by Adey and his coworkers, and followed after that by a
large amount of dedicated EEG informaticians during most of the 70:ies, and
apparently still surviving into the 80:ies and 90:ies despite the
considerable avance of other experimental approaches in neuroscience.
Dag Stenberg                            stenberg at cc.helsinki.fi
Department of Physiology                stenberg at finuh.bitnet
University of Helsinki                  tlx: 1002125 finuh sf
Siltavuorenpenger 20 J                  fax: int.+358-0-1918681
SF-00170 Helsinki, Finland              tel: int.+358-0-1918532