Lucifer Yellow filled electrode

David Parsons dparsons at
Sat Aug 1 07:01:25 EST 1992

In article <22072717515542 at> BQWANG at MACC.WISC.EDU (Baoqing Wang) writes:
>Dear friends:
>I am trying to use Lucifer Yellow (LY) filled glasselectrode to do
>intracellular recording, and then inject LY into the cell to label
>it.  I find that it's difficult to keep the cell for a long time.
>Would anyone please share your experience with me?  Any suggestion
>would be appreciated.  Thank you in advance.

It's been a while, but I might be able to offer suggestions.  But please givee
more information:
What type of cell (what animal?)la
What size of cell?
What size electrode tip (resistance in 3 M KCl for example)?
Pressure or iontophoresis for injecting Lucifer?WQ

This information may assist others that could helpe
Good lucj