biochem of learning

Rebecca Drayer drayer-rebecca at
Wed Dec 16 18:42:31 EST 1992

In article <1992Dec16.170208.9461 at> smith3682 at writes:
>I'm begining a study about the role played by second messengers in learning
>behavior.  In particular, I would like to know more about current models being
>developed n cell responses to various stimuli, and the way these responses lead
>to long-term changes in the cell.  I am also interested in the way certain
>drugs affect these cellular responses and ultimately affect learning and
>memory.  Does any one know any good, recent references.

I'd try _Principles of Neural Science_, that huge book by Kandel,
Schwartz, and Jessel.  The last few chapters deal a great deal with
learning and memory, and talk about the second messenger systems involved
in presynaptic facilitation in Aplysia and LTP in the hippocampus.
Rebecca A. Drayer, EMT-A            |    drayer at
Neurobiology major                  |    Computing Assistant