questions

GLENN HOLM karuzis at wccf.mit.edu
Fri Jul 17 19:46:00 EST 1992

In article <9207151952.AA18494 at cec1.wustl.edu>, mge1 at CEC1.WUSTL.EDU
(Michael Gatchalian Escano) writes...

>	I was wondering if anybody could help me with the following questions.
>
>	1)  Where can I purchase c-fos primary antibody?
>	2)  How can I break the leucine zipper in the fos-jun dimer?
>	3)  Has anybody recently done a western blot to search for
>		c-fos or c-jun?

Interestingly, several companies selling c-fos antibodies are
currently out of stock - including Cambridge Research Biochemicals
and Oncogene Sciences.  One quote is "the Fos community is in an
uproar!"  they claim they are re-immunizing new animals.  Santa Cruz
Biotechnology and Quality Biotech (distrubutors of National Cancer
Institute monoclonals) are shipping.  Caveat - all antibodies are
individual and recognize different parts of the sequence.  Fos is
getting pretty popular these days.  BTW, a good resource when you
are looking for antibodies is the Linscott Directory.