PhD seeks position near Brussels

John Thomas uqecd08 at ucl.ac.uk
Thu Jul 30 11:50:04 EST 1992

A friend of mine would like to do further work in neuroscience, or
a related field, within a few hours of Brussels. If the following is of
interest to you as an employer, reply by e-mail  with brief details of
the proposed job and institution and I will send a hard-copy full cv.

Alternatively if you work in the field and know of useful contacts, a reply
would be appreciated.

First degree: Upper Second Class Honours in pharmacology at the
University of Manchester, England.

Doctorate: Investigation of the involvement of eicosanoids in the
central inflammatory response with special reference to compounds
mediating the response to cytokines and bacterial endotoxins. Used in
vivo and in vitro techniques. Radioimmunoassay and Percoll density
gradients were among techniques used in studies on rats.

Studies were completed at the Department of Physiological Sciences,
University of Manchester, England.

Post-Doctoral experience: Brief continuation of PhD work at Manchester.
Followed by two years on the site and mode of action of cytokines in the
CNS using in vivo and in vitro systems at The Hospital for Sick
Children, Toronto, Canada.

--
|   v___v    | John Thomas, Programmer         e-mail: J.Thomas at ucl.ac.uk     |
|  / o-o \   | LEPRA Evaluation Project        Tel: 011 44 71 927 2217        |