Artifact processing in the EEG

N020BA at tamvm1.tamu.edu N020BA at tamvm1.tamu.edu
Thu Jun 18 13:36:57 EST 1992

In article <1992Jun17.113801.7197 at hsr.no>
olav-n at hsr.no (Olav Naerland) writes:

>Hi,
>
>I first want to try to detect artifacts in EEG-data, then try to
>correct the data. I'm looking for methods/theories to do this.
>
>I'm specific interested in software for comparing the processed/corrected
>EEG-data with the original EEG-data (18+ channel), but also tools for
>viewing and analysing EEG data.
>
>Olav

         Olav,
     I've developed a method of displaying EEG on a circular chart. This chart-
ing method was orginally developed to find epileptiform spikes. It's effective
, as even laypeople can spot a spike. This technique might work for your appli-
cations.
     I'm too pressed for time to give a complete description now. I need time
to think about how to give a good description via netmail. I have written a
program that displays the data. However, it only works with ASCII file from
a Bio-Logic Brain Altas III topographic mapper. Please E-mail if this interests
you. You can contact me by regular (snailmail) mail at:
     Steve Lutes
     2553 Texas Ave. South C-179
     College Station, TX 77840  USA

P.S. Almost forgot! There's another method I developed and programmed. It's
a method of spotting foci using prinicipal components analysis.