maps of the brain

Steven M. Boker smb3u at squeeg.psyc.virginia.edu
Tue Jun 2 12:25:46 EST 1992

In article <9205280610.AA27228 at dain.stanford.edu> mbieda at DAIN.STANFORD.EDU (Mark Bieda) writes:

>there has been a lot of recent commentary on the desire/need/usefulness
>of a map of the brain indicating connections. I have to agree that
>such a map would be very useful. A few points have been overlooked:
>
>1) such maps exist: in the minds of anatomists, in texts on neuroanatomy, and finally now we are just beginning to get good computerized maps.
>There are partial ones available for the rodent and human brains, and
>NIH is contemplating a major project to assemble just such a
>computerized database (or has it decided to? anyone current on the
>issue).

I have been hoping that someone would come forward and volunteer this
information.  Perhaps the poster might be so kind as to give some
further information that will guide me to find a "good computerized map",
even partial of the human brain.  This would be invaluable to me.

Thanks in advance.

Steve