Modelling and monitoring seizure activity

Dr. David Curtis dcurtis at crc.ac.uk
Mon Mar 16 07:45:18 EST 1992

I am interested (on behalf of a colleague) to learn of any software
available for modelling epileptic seizure activity and to automatically
scan EEG's for spikes, especially shareware and public domain programs.

I would like to know of any neural net or other software which can offer
models of the processes involved in interictal and seizure activity,
particularly the way which an epileptic focus can, under certain
conditions, entrain other neurons to go on to produce a generalised fit.

I would also like to hear of any software for automatically monitoring
EEG output, in particular which could scan through and detect abnormal
activity such as an interictal spike.

Please could you email me or reply to this list. Thanks very much,

Dave Curtis

Academic Department of Psychiatry,    Janet:       dcurtis at UK.AC.CRC
St. Mary's Hospital,                  Elsewhere:   dcurtis at CRC.AC.UK
Praed Street, London W2.              EARN/Bitnet: dcurtis%CRC at UKACRL
Tel 071-725 1993                      Usenet: ...!mcsun!ukc!mrccrc!D.Curtis