Neurotransmitter questions

Dag Stenberg stenberg at klaava.Helsinki.FI
Sun Oct 11 16:26:54 EST 1992

GSBS1032%UTSPH.THENET at LIB.TMC.EDU writes:
: 	Could anybody recommend a text on serotonergic pharmacology
: that covers the current understanding of 5-HT receptor subtypes, their
: agonists and antagonists, etc.? I have been out of the field for several
: years, and need an update.
:
For an update on the understanding of 5-HT receptor subtypes, I can
recommend
Jacobs BL, Azmitia EC
Structure and function of the brain serotonin system.
Physiol Rev 1992 Jan;72(1):165-229

It is not specifically pharmacology; you get anatomy and physiology in
the bargain. But I think it is quite good.

Dag Stenberg, MD PhD
Dept. Physiology
Univ. Helsinki