Cerebro-spinal fluid in semen? (Was Re: breakfast ...)

Jason William Nyberg nyberg at ctron.com
Mon Oct 19 10:03:57 EST 1992

->>There are two rationales proposed in the Taoist literature to explain the
->>phenomenon, and I'm not sure that I buy either of them. The first is that
->>semen is 20% cerebro-spinal fluid, so if you ejaculate it your brain and
->>spine kind of sag, and that's why males want to go to sleep after ejaculation.

Oh, please.

And when you get an adrenaline rush, special muscles come into play and
kind of tighten your brain and spine up.  That's why you get excited.

->
->I'm not a biologist, but this has *got* to be the strangest crock I have
->*ever* heard!

I would hate to see this tested...  (Cutting someone open after sex to measure
"brain droop")

->
->Males (and females, who do *not* produce semen, BTW ;>) want to fall asleep
->afterwards simply from the sheer exhaustion that happens from the typical
->bedroom romp.  Sex is a workout, if you're doing it right. :>  Haven't
->you ever wanted to fall asleep after OTHER physical exertion?  The fact that

-   Actually, the way I heard it from my psych professor, the orgasm is a
-function of the parasympathetic branch of the nervous system.  That's the

Can you say, "Endorphines?"

--
Jason Nyberg                Amiga... The Eagle Talon of Computers
nyberg at ctron.com

"Work is the curse of the drinking class"      W. C. Feilds

Disclaimer: My opinions are just that...