neuron-silicon interface?

John P Onorato wizard at wixer.cactus.org
Fri Oct 30 22:21:13 EST 1992

In article <1992Oct29.044209.18536 at news.yale.edu> FRICHARD at biomed.med.yale.edu (Frank Richardson) writes:
>Hello all,
>Just curious, does anyone know of research into interfacing neurons and silicon
>chips? I'm very serious. I am interested in exploring possibilites for neurons
>communicating with electronics and vic-versa.

Well, I don't know if this is EXACTLY what you're looking for, but there
is a very interesting article in the current issue of Mondo 2000 about
a gadget that you can hook up to your Mac, and have it read your brain-
waves -- sort of a pritmitive EEG type thing.  Apparently a lot of
artists and musicians and whatnot are quite hip to the idea; it would
give them a degree of control over their machines and what they do
through direct brainwave reading.

john

--
John P Onorato             |   "Softness without strength is weakness.
wizard at wixer.cactus.org    |    Strength without softness is meanness."