Memory Loss

Robert Horton horton at molbio.cbs.umn.edu
Tue Sep 22 10:19:59 EST 1992

	I know electrical shock can cause memory loss, because I have a
friend who underwent ECT ("electroconvulsive therapy") for a psychiatric
disorder (he's manic-depressive; I believe he got the jolt for being
depressed). As I understand it, this is a common side effect of ECT, though
I don't know mechanisms, etc.
--
Bob Horton            /\ "Crash programs fail because of the theory that
U. of Minnesota, CBS  || with nine women pregnant you get a baby a month"