second messengers?

X042 at HEC.CA X042 at HEC.CA
Mon Apr 5 08:36:32 EST 1993

RE: about biological implausibility of backprop (Gillian Sanders)
I seem to recall an article about arachinoid acid getting back from postsynap-
tic to presynaptic membrane to sustain LTP. I can get those refs if you want.
But there is *glitch* with backprop and biological plausibilty, this is the
ERROR that is backpropagated ! Which is a lot more complex than sustaining
LTP.

BTW, I'm also (as you are) working on biological plausibility of neural nets.
If you wish to exchange views, I'll be more than happy.
| JACQUES BRISSON              Ecole des Hautes Etudes Commerciales (HEC)  |
| X042 at HEC.CA (internet)       5255 Decelles (QM3333-S610)                 |
| X042 at HECMTL01.BITNET(bitnet) Montreal, Quebec, CANADA, H3T 1V6           |
| ...for the first time, it seems there may be hope of putting the slice   |
| back in the brain, not by the art of transplantation, but by the art of  |
| of computation.                                                          |
|                 B.L. Mc Naughton                                         |