Neurons and Memory of Sequences

Steven M. Boker smb3u at delton.psyc.virginia.edu
Fri Apr 9 15:43:37 EST 1993

In article <C568Jn.Lwo at news.cso.uiuc.edu> seguin at uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (seguin christopher a) writes:

>As a project for a class, I would like to learn about what is know
>about biological neurons and memory of sequences.  I am looking for
>references or research in this area.
>
>Thanks in advance for your help,

Here are a few to get you started.

@INCOLLECTION{Sloboda85a,
	AUTHOR = {Sloboda, John A. and Parker, David H. H.},
	TITLE = {Immediate recall of melodies},
	BOOKTITLE = {Auditory and Visual Pattern Recognition},
	EDITOR = {Howell, Peter and Cross, Ian and West, Robert},
	PUBLISHER = {Academic Press},
	ADDRESS = {London},
	YEAR = {1985}
}

@INCOLLECTION{Rinzel89a,
	AUTHOR = {Rinzel, John and Ermentrout, G. Bard},
	TITLE = {Analysis of neural excitability and oscillations},
	BOOKTITLE = {Methods in Neuronal Modeling: from Synapses to Networks},
	EDITOR = {Koch, Cristof and Segen, Idan},
	PUBLISHER = {MIT Press},
	ADDRESS = {Cambridge, MA},
	YEAR = {1989}
}

@INCOLLECTION{Shamma89a,
	AUTHOR = {Shamma, Shihab},
	TITLE = {Spatial and temporal processing in central auditory networks},
	BOOKTITLE = {Methods in Neuronal Modeling: from Synapses to Networks},
	EDITOR = {Koch, Cristof and Segen, Idan},
	PUBLISHER = {MIT Press},
	ADDRESS = {Cambridge, MA},
	YEAR = {1989}
}

@ARTICLE{Kaufman91a,
	AUTHOR = {Kaufman, L. and Curtis, S. and Wang, J. Z. and Williamson, S. J.},
	TITLE = {Changes in cortical activity when subjects scan memory for tones},
	JOURNAL = {Electroencephalography and Clinical Neurophysiology},
	VOLUME = {82},
	PAGES = {266--284},
	YEAR = {1991}
}

@ARTICLE{Lu92a,
	AUTHOR = {Lu, Z. L. and Williamson, S. J. and Kaufman, L.},
	TITLE = {Human auditory primary and association cortex have differing lifetimes for activation traces},
	JOURNAL = {Brain Research},
	VOLUME = {572},
	PAGES = {236--241},
	YEAR = {1992}
}

@ARTICLE{Eggermont91a,
	AUTHOR = {Eggermont, J. J.},
	TITLE = {Rate and synchronization measures of periodicity coding in cat primary auditory--cortex},
	JOURNAL = {Hearing Research},
	VOLUME = {56},
	PAGES = {153--167},
	YEAR = {1991}
}

@ARTICLE{Starr91a,
	AUTHOR = {Starr, A. and Pratt, H. and Michalewski, H. and Patterson, J. and Barrett, G. et. al.},
	TITLE = {Physiology of short-term verbal memory},
	JOURNAL = {Journal of Neural Transmission: General Section},
	VOLUME = {S33},
	PAGES = {7--12},
	YEAR = {1991}
}

@ARTICLE{Povel81a,
	AUTHOR = {Povel, Dirk--Jan},
	TITLE = {Internal Representation of Simple Temporal Patterns},
	JOURNAL = {Journal of Experimental Psychology:Human Perception and Performance},
	VOLUME = {7},
	NUMBER = {1},
	PAGES = {3--18},
	YEAR = {1981}
}

@ARTICLE{Jones76a,
	AUTHOR = {Jones, Mari Riess},
	TITLE = {Time, our lost dimension: Toward a new theory of perception, attention and memory},
	JOURNAL = {Psychological Review},
	VOLUME = {83},
	NUMBER = {5},
	PAGES = {323--355},