Amphetamine and Metabolic Rate

B. Jonathan Bieley bieley at Reed.Edu
Fri Apr 16 16:44:20 EST 1993

	I am looking for some references regarding the effects of
different metabolic rates on animals response to amphetamine. I am looking
for both interspecific references, and pharmacological references
discussing amphetamine response as a function of metabolic rate.
	I am trying to scale an amphetamine dosage in the literature from
mice to rats (for further study), and want to take metabolic rate into
account in a precise way. Since I am unsure on the pharmacological
relation I cannot predict exactly how to scale the dosage, nor am I sure
if there are baseline differences in response based on basal metabolic
rate (such the interspecific difference between mice and rats).

Jon Bieley
Department of Psychology
Reed College
bieley at