Brain atlas on computer

Dan Jacobson danj at welchgate.welch.jhu.edu
Fri Apr 16 11:53:56 EST 1993

In article <1993Apr16.142521.12876 at klaava.Helsinki.FI> stenberg at klaava.Helsinki.FI (Dag Stenberg) writes:

>What atlases of human/rat/cat etc. brain are available for PC/Mac?
>3D of nuclei with coordinates would be the most important.
>
>Mostly, I would need the Paxinos atlas for rat stereotaxis... but am
>curious about what is available.

For the Mac there's the Brain Browser - a Hypercard stack by Bloom,
Young, and Kim. Published by Academic Press.  It was reviewed in
Science Vol 251 pp1500-2 (March 1991).

I imagine that as the Brain mapping project gets underway there
should more of this type of thing comming out.

Best of luck,

Dan Jacobson

danj at welchgate.welch.jhu.edu