need info

Doug Knowles knowled at
Tue Apr 27 13:19:12 EST 1993

In article <1993Apr27.104127.1 at> mapes_b at writes:
>I am currently looking for quantitative information regarding the numbers
>of cells in certain networks (neocortex, hippocampus, cerebellum, thalamus,
>basal ganglia) and the connectivity of the cells in each network.  Any help
>that could tell me about a good source would be much appreciated.
>thank you

For the hippocampus, try _Neuronal_Networks_of_the_Hippocampus_
by Roger D. Traub and Richard Miles, Cambridge University Press, 1991.

W. Douglas Knowles, Ph.D.          E-mail: knowled at
Dept. Neurosciences                          voice: (216)444-3870
Cleveland Clinic Foundation                  FAX:   (216)444-7927
9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44195 USA
"We need not all  give  our  whole  time  to  the  currently  more
glamorous "molecular biology"; it will doubtless come soon enough."
                                             Irving H. Page !1962!