Sea slugs

Tom Grove tgrove at psycho.fme.vutbr.cz
Mon Aug 23 05:10:58 EST 1993

Hello,

	I faintly remember  reading (or being told) that some variety of
sea slug has only sixteen (or similar small number) of neurons. I'm
interested in building a semi-realistic simulation of a simple animal
(ala Dr Beer) and this (mythic?) beast would seem suitable. Does anyone
have any information about sea slug nervous systems? References?

Also, I know damn all  about "real" brains (as opposed to artificial neural
networks, etc) so does anyone know a good introductory book? ideally, it
would be called something like "What every AI programmer should know about
the nervous system" - AI needs a book like this - but I suspect it doesn't
exist.

Tom Grove				      E-mail:tgrove at psycho.fme.vutbr.cz
Department of Computer Science                Tel: (42) 5-4114-3335
Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
Technical University of Brno