bipolar affective disorder

William Calvin wcalvin at stein1.u.washington.edu
Fri Aug 27 09:52:43 EST 1993

rittase at wam.umd.edu (sadness) writes:

>I was wondering.  Who in the field of neuroscience does work with manic
>depression?  And who has published interesting findings concerning manic
>depression?  What school does the person work at?  Also, if anyone knows of
>good clinical type people who have published, I would be interested in reading
>their articles as well.

Start by looking at the new book by Kay Jamison, TOUCHED WITH FIRE:
Manic-Depressive Illness and the Artistic Temperament (Free Press, 1993).
The major reference work MANIC-DEPRESSIVE ILLNESS is by Jamison and
Goodwin (American Psychiatric Press 1990).
    William H. Calvin   WCalvin at U.Washington.edu