Is uploading feasible?

Mark Bower markb at orl.mmc.com
Thu Dec 2 11:40:07 EST 1993

Peter Alexander Merel states

> What we do know makes a neuron sound like a finite state machine, and
> computational models based upon that supposition have demonstrated some
> remarkable adaptive and predictive properties, including general pattern
> recognition and simple sorts of memory.

I would be interested in any references to work viewing neurons as finite
state machines. Specifically, I am interested in models which attempt to
describe the adaptive nature of a biological neuron using adapting state
machines.

A summary of any responses will be posted to the bulletin board. Thanks in
advance,
Mark.