Is uploading feasible?

Leslie Kay lmk2 at garnet.berkeley.edu
Thu Dec 2 14:06:36 EST 1993

In article <CHF5CD.BFC at ucdavis.edu>,
John M. Price <ez001932 at othello.ucdavis.edu> wrote:
>Leslie Kay (lmk2 at garnet.berkeley.edu) wrote:
>: Actually, it's the olfactory receptors, which feed into the
>: olfactory bulbs.  Also the granule cells in the Dentate gyrus
>: grow throughout life as do those in the cerebellum (I think).
>
>Is this GROW?  All neurons do that.  Or is it REPRODUCE? a very limited
>event in cells that carry action potentials.
>jmp.

New cells are born and function as normal neurons.  I don't know
if the granule cells in the dentate gyrus have action potentials,
they probably do.  Those in the olfactory bulb do not.  I believe
the granule cells in the cerebellum do have action potentials.  In
any case, not all functioning neurons act through this mechanism.

Leslie Kay
lmk2 at garnet.berkeley.edu