Is uploading feasible?

Marvin Minsky minsky at media.mit.edu
Wed Dec 15 20:51:21 EST 1993

In article <CI3Cwn.813 at carmen.logica.co.uk> WilsonR at LILHD.Logica.com (Richard Wilson)  writes:

>In article <1993Dec14.230227.9576 at news.media.mit.edu> minsky at media.mit.edu (Marvin Minsky) writes:
>>In article <CI1E7p.6qG at carmen.logica.co.uk> WilsonR at LILHD.Logica.com (Richard Wilson)  writes:

[deleted stuff]

>>I think this was first shown by Shepherdson.  If you mean
>>nondeterministic is some unspecified sense, then your assertion is too
>>vague to refute, but you ought to offer something more than IMO.
>>Like, say, IMHO?
>
>I mean since when has any FSA the capacity to choose?
>
>BTW: perhaps you could help (I am just being made redundant)?
>
>I'm a UK resident seeking an opportunity offering intellectual challenge.
>My 17 year career in the IT profession spans neural network research,

[deleted]

>Grateful for any leads, have a merry christmas!
>
>Richard

Hi.  Nice to meet you "in person".  And sorry to hear about employment
problems.

No I don't know of any good opportunities, especially in GB.  I have
the impression that things have been getting worse for a long time.
It makes me morose to think that the world these days is so
unimaginative that it is hard to find exciting projects and
laboratories for someone with your talents -- considering that the
next century will probably be centered on such matters.  Let's hold
our breath and hope that this ridiculous recession goes away soon.

Did you overlap at Brunel when that colorful cyberneticist Gordon Pask
was "teaching" there.  We were good friends and I always loved his
optimism, imagination, and showmanship -- although I couldn't usually
make much sense of his theories.  On the occasions that I did, I think
that he had actually seen quite far ahead.

 marvin minsky