ANNOUNCING! the Neurosciences Internet Resource Guide

Sheryl Cormicle sherylc at sils.umich.edu
Mon Dec 20 23:26:04 EST 1993

	  NEUROSCIENCES INTERNET RESOURCE GUIDE
            December 1993,  version 1.0

                   Compiled by
         Steve Bonario and Sheryl Cormicle
                 nirg at umich.edu

     School of Information and Library Studies,
               University of Michigan

After considerable effort and plenty of invaluable input and
advice from the Internet's neuroscience community, we are
happy to announce the availability of The Neurosciences
Internet Resource Guide, version 1.0.  This document aims to
be a guide to existing, free, Internet-accessible resources
helpful to neuroscientists of all stripes.  We are pleased
and proud to present the first fruits of our labor, a
snapshot of what we found on the Internet between September
and December of 1993.  This is not a static document -- we
expect it to change and you can help change it.  Let us know
what we missed <nirg at umich.edu>.

HOW TO GET IT
-------------

An **ASCII text version** (86K) is available in the
Clearinghouse of Subject-Oriented Internet Resource Guides as
follows:

anonymous FTP:
	host:	una.hh.lib.umich.edu
	path:	/inetdirsstacks
	file:	neurosci:cormbonario

gopher:
	via U. Minnesota list of gophers
	menu:   North America/USA/Michigan/Clearinghouse.../
			All Guides/Neurosciences

WWW:
	gopher://una.hh.lib.umich.edu/00/inetdirsstacks/
		neurosci:cormbonario

We are also creating a **hypertext version** of the guide
intended for viewing using Mosaic, the World Wide Web browser
from NCSA.  This version is under construction, but
accessible.  Check it out and give us feedback!  The URL is:

http://http2.sils.umich.edu/Public/nirg/nirg1.html

QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS?   nirg at umich.edu