Help wanted: Platinizing tungsten electrodes

Bernard Harris bnbernar at wizard.weizmann.ac.il
Tue Dec 28 08:59:24 EST 1993

I'm interested in platinizing the tungsten electrodes which we currently
use, so as to reduce the impedance. If anyone has experience with this
procedure, I'd appreciate your help or a reference to a good source on the
practical details of the procedure. I'd also appreciate advice on preparation
of the electro-plating solutions (Kohlrausch's solution or any alternative,
and the solution needed for plating the tungsten with an intermediate layer of
gold.) I'd also like to know if the platinum black plating improved the electrode's
performance.

Thanks,

Bernard Harris.

Brain Research Centre,