Spinal Muscular Atrophy

labo DNA-onderzoek dnalab at reks.uia.ac.be
Fri Feb 19 07:03:00 EST 1993

Hello,

Is there anyone who is currently working on Spinal Muscular Atrophy type I
(Werdnig-Hoffmann) and is using RFLP's for prenatal diagnosis.
I am currently working on SMA-I at the Department of Human Genetics of the
University of Antwerp, Wilrijk (Antwerpen), Belgium. We have four families
and already used two probes but they weren't informative in these families.
If you are working on SMA could you give us some information on the probes
you are using and could we use them als to see wether tey are informative
We do not intend to give the probes to others if you don't want to.
The probes we already used are : p105-599 HA and p105-153 RA.

Van Osta Peter, M.D.
Department of Human Genetics
Universiteitsplein 1
B-2610 Wilrijk (Antwerpen)