urgent request 2

John Reynolds reynolds at park.bu.edu
Mon Feb 1 01:49:59 EST 1993

Thank you all again for your response.  The boy who had the car
accident is still in intensive care, and is still unconcious.
However, we may have some promising results.  Could you give me your
opinion on the following?  The doctor tested to see if he could feel
pain.  (I'm getting this information from the parents, who don't know
how he was tested.) Apparently he can feel pain.  Also, they fed him
and he digested the food.  At least there was movement in his bowels.
Do you think this should give the parents reason for hope?  They seem
to be taking this as an indication that they will soon have their son
back, and I don't want them to get their hopes too high, but I want
them to keep their strength up.  Any insights will be most
appreciated.
Thank you, John Reynolds