flashbulb memories

Ori Gottlieb ori at merle.acns.nwu.edu
Wed Feb 3 20:37:25 EST 1993

I was told you are the experts, so here goes:
I'm a Junior pre-med / communication science and disorders major at
Northwestern.  I'm doing a paper for my class, Brain and Cognition.
The topic that I have chosen is flashbulb memories which are memories of what
you were doing and where you were when something important occured.  For
example, what were you doing exactly, when the shuttle blew up or when Keneddy
was shot?
Of course, I have to tie this all into memory encoding and why this phenomena
occurs.  I've located textbooks and a few articles and I thought perhaps
you could help me out.  Any insight?  Any experience with this topic?
Thanks a lot.

--
go cavs
Ori Gottlieb - - - 2251 Sheridan Road - - - Evanston, IL 60201