Ritalin and short-term dopamine depletion

Hanan Herzog hanan at hal.gnu.ai.mit.edu
Sat Feb 6 02:40:12 EST 1993

Hi,

Are there any nutrients or drugs that (at least help) increase the
production of dopamine? I am interested in something that will help
compensate for the depletions in dopamine caused by increased release
rate caused by Ritalin, etc. Supposedly, Ritalin users often feel more
tired at the end of the day than others, prtially because of a short
term dopamine depletion. I am hoping that increased production of
dopamine at the same time as the increased release would produce a
balanance which would reduce this side-effect.

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Hanan