Ritalin and dietary supplements

COLE gcole at dante.nmsu.edu
Mon Feb 8 22:54:58 EST 1993

In article <1kvos1INNmr at life.ai.mit.edu> hanan at hal.gnu.ai.mit.edu (Hanan Herzog) writes:
>Hi,
>
>Are there any nutrients or drugs that (at least help) increase the
>production of dopamine? I am interested in something that will help

wasn't there a big ol show on PBS about this a while ago?  maybe i'm
thinking about something else.  it started where some druggie people
had taken some bad stuff and got become lathargic because the little
place that makes dopamine had been killed.  then they gave them some
drugs that only really helped in the short term, but gave them all
monster hallucinations after some time.  anyway, the program went on
and eventually some sweedish doctors implanted some of the tissue that
makes dopamine (l-dopamine?) from aborted fetuses into these lethargic
druggies and they got better.  i think the symptoms the druggies had
was very similar to parkinsons disease so there was alot of hope for
the procedure.

heh.  i just reread what i typed and it sounds incredibly like the
dribble of a 3rd grader.  sorry, i'm very sleepy :)

-- tbaker at nmsu.edu  NOT gcole