Images?

Dan Jacobson danj at welchgate.welch.jhu.edu
Mon Feb 15 17:14:10 EST 1993

In article <199302121527.AA18671 at bmrl.med.uiuc.edu> sudeep at BMRL.MED.UIUC.EDU (Sudeep Chandra) writes:

>	Can anyone lemme know if there is a database for biomedical (MRI and CAT) images that can be accessed (thru GOPHER or anony. ftp)
>thanks
>-sudeep chandra
> biomedical Magnetic resonance lab
> U of I @ urbana

I have just put a new software searching facility in my gopher hole
which will help you.  I haven't announced this yet but will do so
in the next couple of days, at any rate it is open for business now.

Point your gopher client at merlot.welch.jhu.edu and select the
following directories:

 -->  13. Search and Retrieve Software/

    -->  8.  Search and Retrieve Graphics Software and Data/

and you will see:

 -->  1.  Graphics Online Bibliography (ACM SIGGRAPH)/
      2.  Graphics Software and Data Archives (ftp sites)/
      3.  Search All Graphics Information <?>
      4.  Search Comp.graphics FAQ <?>
      5.  Search Graphics Resources (Software and Data) <?>
      6.  Search Pictures Utilities FAQ <?>

A brief description is as follows:

          1.  Graphics Online Bibliography (ACM SIGGRAPH)/

              Searches and archives of bibliographic database that covers
              graphics literature for over a hundred years.

          2.  Graphics Software and Data Archives (ftp sites)/

              Has links to over 60 sites around the world which
              have software and/or data for computer graphics.
              This can be used on its own or as a companion to the
              searches found in this directory which will point you
              toward software and data at various places.

          3.  Search All Graphics Information <?>
          4.  Search Comp.graphics FAQ <?>
          5.  Search Graphics Resources (Software and Data) <?>
          6.  Search Pictures Utilities FAQ <?>

              These searches contain a wealth of information about
              computer graphics, data, software, techniques etc...

              3.  Search All Graphics Information <?>

                  Will simply search all of the information contained
                  in searches 4, 5, and 6.

              4.  Search Comp.graphics FAQ <?>

                  Lets you search the FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
                  from the Comp.graphics newsgroup compiled by John
                  Grieggs at the JPL.

              5.  Search Graphics Resources (Software and Data) <?>

                  Lets you search the Grpahics Resource Listing of
                  software and data provided by Nick Fotis at the
                  National Technical Univ. of Athens.

              6.  Search Pictures Utilities FAQ <?>

                  Lets you search the FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
                  from the Alt.binaries.pixutils newsgroup compiled by
                  Jim Howard at Cadence.

Now for this particular question you will select the following search:

 -->  3.  Search All Graphics Information <?>

And ask for  MRI.

The answer is:

 -->  1.  26) Where can I find MRI and CT scan volume data?.
      2.  9. Scene generators/geographical data/Maps/Data files.

Pick number 1. and it will tell you that such data is available
at UNC ....

Now go to the following directory:

 -->  2.  Graphics Software and Data Archives (ftp sites)/

and select:

 -->  28. MRI and CT medical images (UNC)/

and you have the data that you are looking for.

Best of luck,

Dan Jacobson

danj at welchgate.welch.jhu.edu